- Appeals are a unique and complicated area of law, requiring specialized skills. There are critical timelines and procedural rules which must be followed precisely to avoid a default that could end your case before it even begins. Once your appeal is filed, the briefing and argument are very different from trial law. Whether you are defending an appeal filed by your opponent at trial, or seeking to appeal a trial court’s decision, you need counsel who specializes in appellate practice in order to give you the best chance for success. Chris Holinger is our appellate specialist. A former clerk to the chief judge of the Virginia Court of Appeals who has also worked for multiple Virginia Supreme Court justices, Chris knows how to draft winning briefs, and craft winning arguments. Because our appeals section is specialized, we will never “steal” a client from a trial lawyer. Whether you are a trial lawyer looking to hand off an appeal in order to focus on your next trial, or a client who needs an appellate specialist, we can help.
Bar Complaint Defense
- Are you an attorney who has received a letter from the Virginia State Bar? Has a client threatened you with filing a Bar Complaint? Let the attorneys of Golightly Mulligan & Morgan help you with advice to avoid Bar complaints, or defend you if a complaint has been filed against you. Call us today at 804-658-3873.
- Lawsuits can be costly and disruptive. If litigation is unavoidable, we make sure that our clients are able to obtain the best possible result while being mindful of monetary constraints. We, however, only handle civil cases being tried in the civil courts of Virginia.
- Our own Michele Milligan and Mary Morgan are experienced with litigation in both state and federal courts, including ones at the administrative and appellate levels. Both lawyers have history litigating contracts, business torts, title insurance, and real estate claims. The law firm of Golightly Mulligan & Morgan can provide civil litigation representation for both individuals and businesses.
- Experience/Practice Areas;
- Insurance Coverage
- Title Insurance Claims/Defense
- Contract Cases
- Business Litigation
- Will Contests
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Real Estate Disputes
- Business Torts
- Professional Liability Defense
- With over 40 years of experience combined, Michele Mulligan and Mary Morgan have been involved in the defence of professional liability matters. This includes representing attorneys, accountants, doctors, and hospitals. The two are particularly attuned to the concerns of those facing a malpractice claim, and addressing the tripartite relationship between the professional and the insurance carrier.
- Some of the cases Michele and Mary have defended include negligence, contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims. Michele has earned the title of Virginia Super Lawyer, spanning 2009 to 2013 in the field of Professional Liability Defense. Mary and Michele also defend attorneys before the Virginia State Bar. In addition to the parties mentioned above, they two also have experience representing insurers in coverage disputes.
- The law firm of Golightly Mulligan & Morgan provides counsel and advice to homeowners associations and condominium associations on a wide range of matters including rules and covenant drafting, interpretation and enforcement; review, negotiation and enforcement of contracts; amendments to condominium instruments and governing documents; counseling on the conduct of meetings and the roles of Boards of Directors and committees, and the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Golightly Mulligan & Morgan also represents community associations in a variety of litigation matters.
- Our firm is an active member of Community Associations Institute. Michele Mulligan is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Central Virginia Chapter, and a member of the Virginia Leadership Retreat Committee. She frequently lectures and writes on community association topics. Michele utilizes her years as a committee member, Board member and Board President in her own homeowners association to provide common sense solutions for homeowners and condominium associations.
Very professional, responsive along with clear and concise input regarding issues. What else can you ask from a law firm? Very happy.